Fall 2012 Practicum Deadline Soon!
March 1st is right around the corner and if you are planning to do your practicum this fall 2012, please be advised the deadline for your applications is March 1, 2012. Graduation applications will also be due March 1, 2012. While you do not need to bring me your practicum application, I do need to review your graduation application prior to submission to your academic department (Teacher Ed, Ed Leadership, Kinesiology, etc.). Scheduling an appointment is easy, and can be made here: http://goo.gl/F4nea
There are several questions that have come up that may cause confusion for students applying and completing practicum. Please review the following:
It is important that you complete every part of the applications. We will not process your application until you to return complete any missing parts of your applications. If you are in doubt PLEASE ask me.
- You MUST become familiar with the portfolio requirements which can be found here: https://asumat.wordpress.com/academics/e-portfolio-demostration/
- Please make sure you are checking your e-mail daily multiple times, and responding in a timely manner. Everyone coordinating practicum must be able to contact you quickly without delay if any issues arise.
- You must get/remain in the habit of checking for announcements on the Teacher Education website. “I did not know” or “I forgot to check my e-mail” will not be accepted for not following instructions, missing deadlines, meetings, etc. http://www.aug.edu/teacher_development/index.php
- You MUST complete the background investigation questionnaire and release form EVEN if you completed one when you first entered the program or last semester.
- Your tort liability insurance must be valid the entire time you are in practicum. No exceptions.
- If you are not employed in the school system at the time of practicum application submission, then you must indicate on your application that you are requesting a placement when filling out the practicum application. If you are later hired you must contact Kelly Farmer (firstname.lastname@example.org) ASAP!
- 300 field hours must be completed and submitted to Andre Goodman (UH383) by July 15th, 2012. You will be pulled from practicum if you have not satisfied this requirement.
- Many have asked if you need to attach your GACE scores or registration to the application even if you have already sent them in. The answer is YES. You should be able to download proof off of the PSC website.
- GPA must remain at a 3.0 or higher at all times.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. PLEASE HONOR DEADLINES.
- IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK. WE WANT YOUR PRACTICUM EXPERIENCE TO GO AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE.
Graduation Application Submission Process:
- Student fills out application
- Student has adviser sign application
- Student turns in application to academic department (Teacher Ed, Ed Leadership, Kinesiology, etc.).
- When called, student picks application up and takes to business office to pay graduation fee and have them to sign application.
- Student will need to have financial aid sign application
- Student turns in application to registrar office.
Practicum Application Submission Process:
- Student fills out application
- Contacts advisers if any questions come up
- Student submits application to academic department (Teacher Ed, Ed Leadership, Kinesiology, etc.).