March 1st is right around the corner and if you are planning to do your practicum this fall 2013, please be advised the deadline for your applications is March 1st, 2013. Graduationapplications will also be due March 1st, 2013. I will need to review your completed graduation & practicum applications with you prior to submission to your academic department (Teacher Ed, Ed Leadership, Kinesiology, etc.). Scheduling an appointment is easy, and can be made here: http://goo.gl/F4nea. Please do not drop off any applications.
As you prepare for the completion of your applications please review the following:
1. It is important that you complete every part of each application. We will not process or accept your application until you complete any missing parts of your applications. If you are in doubt PLEASE ask me.
2. You MUST become familiar with the e-portfolio requirements which can be found here: http://www.aug.edu/teacher_development/eportfolio-overview.php
- Please make sure you are checking your e-mail daily multiple times, and responding in a timely manner. Everyone coordinating practicum must be able to contact you quickly without delay if any issues arise.
- You must get/remain in the habit of checking for announcements on the Teacher Education website. “I did not know” or “I forgot to check my e-mail” will not be accepted for not following instructions, missing deadlines, meetings, etc. http://www.aug.edu/teacher_development/index.php
- You MUST complete the background investigation questionnaire and release form EVEN if you completed one when you first entered the program or last semester.
- Your tort liability insurance must be valid the entire time you are in practicum. No exceptions.
- If you are not employed in the school system at the time of practicum application submission, then you must indicate on your application that you are requesting a placement when filling out the practicum application. If you are later hired you must contact Kelly Farmer (email@example.com) ASAP!
- 300 field hours & 3 Settings (Including employed teachers) must be completed and submitted to Andre Goodman (UH383) by July 15th, 2013. You will be pulled from practicum if you have not satisfied this requirement and your name will be submitted to the Department Chair of your major.
- You must attach your GACE scores or registration to the application even if you have already sent them in. You should be able to download proof off of the PSC website.
- GPA must be & remain at a 3.0 or higher at all times.
- LATE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE. PLEASE HONOR DEADLINES.
- IF IN DOUBT, PLEASE ASK. WE WANT YOUR PRACTICUM EXPERIENCE TO GO AS SMOOTHLY AS POSSIBLE.
Graduation Application Submission Process: http://www.aug.edu/registrar_va/forms/Graduate%20App%20for%20Grad.pdf
- Student fills out application
- Student has adviser sign application
- Student turns in application to academic department for signature of Dept. Chair. (Teacher Ed, Ed Leadership, Kinesiology, etc.).
- When called, student picks application up and takes to business office to pay graduation fee ($52) and have them to sign application.
- Student will need to have financial aid sign application (if applicable)
- Student turns in application to registrar office.
Practicum Application Submission Process:http://www.aug.edu/teacher_development/practicum.htm
- Student fills out application
- Meets with adviser to review application for any corrections
- Student submits application to academic department (Teacher Ed, Ed Leadership, Kinesiology, etc.).
Field Experience Requirements (FOR ALL MAT STUDENTS REGARDLESS OF EMPLOYMENT STATUS)
- 300 hours must be completed before practicum
- Minimum of 3 different settings (Observation locations)
- If teaching in certification area, candidate’s classroom may be used as one setting (with three evaluations). Student must submit Employed documentation to advisor.
- Time documentation must be submitted to Advisor and submitted online.
- 80% of time must be spent with certification age/grade level
- Observation in certification grade levels
- Early Childhood: PreK-K, 1-3, 4-5
- Middle Grades: 4-5, 6-8
- Secondary: 6-8, 9-12
- P-12 (SPED, F.L., Music, HPE): PreK-2, 3-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- Observations outside of schools must come from pre-approved sites
- Life Credit request and substitute hours must be formally submitted to advisor.
MAT, MEd, Eds Field Experience Placement Request Form
MAT Field Experience Collaborating Teacher Packet
Attendance Documentation Directions MAT
Suggested Schedule of Activities/Observations with a Purpose